We affirm the Holy Bible as the inspired word of God and the basis for our beliefs. This church subscribes to the doctrinal statement of The Baptist Faith and Message, 2000 as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention in 2000. This statement shall be for the purpose of binding believers together around common doctrines and beliefs. It shall be the basic standard of beliefs by which all members must unify. To view the document in full click here.
1. We affirm that the Bible is the holy, inspired, Word of God and is inerrant - fully true and trustworthy.
2. We affirm there is One True God, revealed in the Bible as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit—one God, three fully divine persons. Jesus is the Son of God, being one with the Father; he is fully God and fully man. The Holy Spirit indwells and leads God’s people.
3. We affirm that man, in his natural state, is sinful, disobedient to the will of God, and under a curse of death.
4. We affirm that salvation is the free gift of God, bought by the death and resurrection of Jesus, offered for the forgiveness of sins, to be received by faith.
5. We affirm that God’s purposes of grace include his works of election and perseverance by which he begins and completes the work of salvation in us, to the display of his glory and grace.
6. We affirm that the church is a body of baptized believers committed to each other and to God’s mission. The church is led by pastors, an office reserved for qualified men, and deacons.
7. We affirm that baptism is the immersion of a believer in water that symbolizes our rebirth and union with Christ. The Lord’s Supper is a practice of those baptized believers that memorializes the death of Christ and anticipates his return.
8. We affirm that the church's mission is to proclaim the good news of the Kingdom of Christ throughout the entire world, through preaching, evangelism, compassionate ministry, and church planting.